Grove Farm house and farm yard

By Paul Barraclough

Photo:Grove farm house, about 1910

Grove farm house, about 1910

The farmhouse at Grove Farm, Town Green Road, was a modest brick built cottage in the early 20th century.  It was substantially extended in the 1950s and the walls were cement rendered and colour washed.  The house is now known as Haycroft.
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Grove Farm house and farm yard' page
Photo:The two photos above show the farmhouse in the 1960s

The two photos above show the farmhouse in the 1960s

 The photos on this page show the changes that were  made to the farmstead in the 1950s. Click on the photos to see them full size.

Photo:Grove Farm in the late 1960s

Grove Farm in the late 1960s

Photo:Grove Farm in the 1970s, with Fardenway, built in 1963, at top right. The rectangle of bare earth at bottom left is the site of a cottage demolished in the 1960s.

Grove Farm in the 1970s, with Fardenway, built in 1963, at top right. The rectangle of bare earth at bottom left is the site of a cottage demolished in the 1960s.

 

This gallery was added by Paul Barraclough on 25/03/2013.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.